If you have been wondering why I haven’t been updating too frequently this days (Yeah I know, the 19th of this month is such a long time considering my previous records). Well, I got myself into some tasks that I needed to complete
(Making widgets for you). The good news is that most of these widgets are ready to be used at least in a beta mode.
Today, I’m going to share with you a widget that will let you serve your own ads on your website or blog without using an ad server.
This widget is set to work on any webpage and has been tested on some notable platforms such as WordPress, Joomla, Blogger, PhpFox, Drupal and Elgg and has been proven to work! Currently, our demo on a blogger platform has four Ads that will load randomly each time you refresh the page. Feel free to check it out and if your platform is not listed on the tested platform, you can as well try it on your platform and let us know about it via the comment section.
To install this widget on your website/blog simply copy the code below to where you want the widget to render.
Installation on Blogger and other CMS
If you are going to install this on blogger or some self-hosted cms, here is an easier job for you to do:
- Logon to your dashboard
- Copy the above code and paste in into your your new widget.
To finalize the installation and get your ads running, carefully make the following changes:
- Replace AD URL 1, 2, 3 & 4 with the url of your clients who are advertising on your website.
- Replace AD IMAGE 1, 2, 3 & 4 with the image url corresponding with each AD URL. Of course, this image should be uploaded to your server, if you are using the blogger platform or do not want to place too much load on your server, kindly upload your images to tinypic and replace AD IMAGE 1, 2, 3 & 4 with the image url.
- Change the values in
width:336px; height:280px; if you are using a different Ad dimension. You can remove that section entirely if don’t want to specify a dimension.
- #fff is the color of your Ad border. Change it to use a different color, if you are not sure of the color code for your preferred color, kindly use the Hex Color Generator Tool to generate color codes. Set 3px to 0px if you don’t want to use borders.
- Replace AD DESCRIPTION 1, 2, 3 & 4 with a little description for each Ad. This description loads when images fail to load.
It is no longer a secret that EWT has this reader who often want it different 🙂 Well, you can actually increase the number of Random Ads to display but you have to be very careful not to make any mistake or leave an unnecessary space or margins.
To add more Ad Space(s) to your random ads, you need to change 4 in new Array(4); to the number of Ads you are randomizing. One space (Hit Enter) before/above
index = Math.floor(Math.random() * images.length); paste the following code:
images = "<a href = 'AD URL' rel='nofollow' ><img src='AD IMAGE'style='border-radius:5%; width:336px; height:280px; border:solid 3px #fff;'alt='AD DESCRIPTION'></a>";
Take note of the
images , each Ad should have a unique number in their order of arrangement.
If you seek a custom feature developed for your website or need 24/7 premium support to help you get started with your social network or Skadate dating website, save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary plugins, get in touch with me
and let's discuss a suitable plan for your project. Best thing about this service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to an expereinced Oxwall/Skadate developer. Get in Touch
If you ran into some trouble while implementing this widget, we are ever ready to help you out, just report your problem in the comment section, I repeat IN THE COMMENT SECTION. Don’t send me a private pm unless you are suggesting a feature or requesting for a paid service. Meanwhile, share this with your friends and followers on Facebook and twitter. Remember to bookmark this page for future reference.